Become a community educator and help us reach the tipping point
- At least 21 years of age;
- An experienced presenter;
- Attend one eight hour training to learn the Darkness to Light curriculum;
- Deliver the Darkness to Light curriculum, approximately two hours, to 80 people annually utilizing your personal and professional network; and,
- Complete the application here.
- 1 in 10 children faces the horror of being sexually abused by their 18th birthday.
- 93% of victimized children are abused by someone they KNOW and TRUST.
- However, less than 30% of parents talk to their children about sexual abuse.
Our program, KNOW More to Protect Children uses the evidence informed curriculum Stewards of Children Darkness to Light to educate adults about child sexual abuse.
Darkness to Light encourages every community to achieve what Malcolm Gladwell calls the Tipping Point. Tipping Points occur when a small number of people effect widespread social change.